Thursday, February 12, 2015

My chit chat diary - Be health wise!

It was a beautiful sunday morning and I made sure to have my ears wide open in order to hear my alarming alarm ring whilst enjoying my sleep...lol. 6:00am and my phone started drumming out  one of those popular Nigerian dancehall tunes. I quickly washed my teeth jumped into the shower, and in no time I was all ready and prim up for service.


I started off to church and couldn't get a taxi working the route to my church so I trekked all the way to church. I arrived at church just about the time second  service starts. I located a seat close to one of the standing fan and I thanked my heavens for my perfect position/seat.
The church choir started rolling out praise songs one after the other. I was dancing to the beats of the music and coupled with the fan that was cooling me down, I wished the praises to God could go on for the rest of the service but it was ended before I knew it to make way for the pastor to preach the sermon for the day.

The pastor told us the topic of his sermon and asked us to say it to ourselves. The whole congregation mumbled haphazardly after the pastor  and I perceived a putrid odour in the air. I quickly looked around me to see where it was coming from and I noticed that an elderly woman was sitting to my right and a beautiful well
dressed girl of around my age to my left.

Immediately, I thought of leaving my seat to go look for some where else to sit, but I knew I will have to sit outside the church at that time because the church hall was already filled. I became uncomfortable because I can hardly bear the kind of smell I perceived earlier. In no time the pastor hollered 'Praise the Lord', again and all the congregation chorused a resounding 'Hallelujah'. Once again that gut wrenching smell wafted up my nostrils. That was when I noticed that the smell was coming from my left hand side.

This can't be!, I said to myself. how can this beautiful chic
have this bad breath?, I thought further. This smell continued around me with a Praise the Lord from the pastor  and a subsequent Hallelujah from the congregation. I
scanned the girl with a quick side glance and noticed she had no ring on her finger. Ohh maybe she normally walk around with this bad breath, I thought quickly and maybe that's why she is neither engaged or married, I countered to my self further. No offence to the girl or anyone, I doubt any one can stay around that sister with that bad breath for long.

I decided to talk about it to her after close of service but risked receiving a slap or shout in return and besides how do I go about it to start the conversation about her mouth odour.

Service closed and she made to go home, and I summoned courage to call out to her because I felt it will be wrong to let her keep walking around with her mouth odour and something just kept telling me to talk to her about it.

Aunty can you please excuse me for a moment?, I said to her..........

To be continued please. Want to sleep, my head hurts.
Night dearies!

3 comments :

  1. hahahaaa...you had me there...please ake sure when you wake up you complete this story oo..wanna know her response...halitosis no be joke o...hehehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright will complete it soonest. Caught up with project defence preparation today. Have a lovely day Emma.

      Delete
    2. Oh really? awwwww....don't worry God will make it easy for you ok? wish you the best Ovo I know you'll come out tops! Besides, you're brilliant! cheers!

      Delete