Sunday, April 26, 2015

British grandmother on Bali's 'Execution Island' list wants it to be over with'

A British grandmother on death row in Bali for smuggling cocaine has accepted that she will be next to face the firing squad.Lindsay Sandiford has told a friend: ‘I just want to get it over with.’ 
The 58-year-old broke down in tears last night when she learned that her close friend – Australian drugs gang leader Andrew Chan – is to be shot this week along with eight other prisoners on Indonesia’s ‘Execution Island’, Nusa KambanganChan who turned to Christianity and was ordained in prison earlier this year – told Sandiford shortly before his transfer to Execution Island that he was reconciled to his fate. He said: ‘I’m not afraid to die but I am afraid of dying. I’m scared of the bullets and I’m scared it won’t be a quick death.’
Indonesia has vowed to kill all of its 58 foreign drug convicts by the end of 2015 – and Sandiford expects to be in the next batch.
Just trying to imagine what is going through their minds now knowing there is no way out for them. Isn't there a way to make the government stop this? I mean it's utter barbarism at its peak for me, no matter the crime they must have committed they deserve a lesser punishment. 


No comments :

Post a Comment