Saturday, May 23, 2015

20 women, children rescued from Sambisa as troops kill terrorists

The Defence Headquarters in a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen Chris Olukolade on Saturday said scores of Boko Haram terrorists had died and 20 women and children had been rescued during a military operation in Sambisa Forest in Borno State, on Friday.          
”Despite continuous encounter with large number of land mines, which still litter the Sambisa Forest, troops have forged ahead with the ongoing offensive operations as scores of the terrorists died in the assault on their bases on Friday,” Olukolade said.
He said several of the terrorists’ weapons and equipment were destroyed during the encounter.
According to him, over 10 soldiers were, however, wounded, while one died, following explosions of land mines along the routes of advance.
He said some equipment were also damaged or affected by the detonation of land mines in several points in the forest.
Olukolade added, ”A total of 20 women and children were rescued at the end of the Friday operation.They have all been airlifted out of the forest.
The Defence spokesman said air and artillery bombardment of identified terrorists camps and locations in various parts of the forest, including the Alafa aspect, were still ongoing as troops continued the offensive against the terrorists.

NAN

1 comment :

  1. boko haram,like how many women and children did you abduct?there is god oo and am sure they must have slept with these poor people

    bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete