Friday, May 08, 2015

To those that I have offended, please forgive me, says Gov Fashola


We all know as humans we are bound to make mistakes, and it is only right we forgive when our forgiveness is begged of us by those that's erred. And now, the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, says those who may have been offended by his method of administering the state in the last eight years should forgive him, adding that there is no way he could have got everything right.

Fashola, during an event to mark his 2,900 days in office in Ikeja on Thursday, said the decisions he took in his eight years in office were taken in the best interest of Lagos.
He said, “We are preparing for a change of baton, but without the support of the residents of Lagos ─ your taxes, understanding and perseverance, honest criticism and prayers ─ we may not have come this far.
“To those that I might have offended, I apologise. For 2,900 days, I was called to make decisions every hour. I made decisions through the treatment of millions of files on issues affecting residents of Lagos.
“I took those decisions in the best interest of the state. And they were taken based on the facts as presented to me.

1 comment :